We know that you care about your personal information, therefore we would like you to trust us in how we use your details. This privacy notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
- Our Contact Details
- Information collected by our website
- Controlling your personal information
- Your Rights Retention of personal information
- Website Security
- An Introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies Information collected by our website
Our Contact Details
Kennedy Landscapes Ltd
136-140 Old Shoreham Road
Telephone 0800 270 7077
Company Registation Number: 09798797
The data we collect and why we collect it
For the purpose of making an enquiry, completing customer surveys and contacting you about offers, we may collect the following information:
- your name
- email address
- postal address
- preferences; and
What we do with the information collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with more information for the product(s)/service(s) you have requested. Your information may also be stored in a CRM system for internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. Where you have consented, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. There are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal information about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. You are entitled to see the personal information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us to let us know if any of your personal information is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal information up-to-date.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal information and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal information. If you would like us to stop using your personal information, please contact us.
- Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal information is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal information have been unlawfully processed.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations and to resolve disputes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, use or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
An introduction to cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended;
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits;
- allow you to share pages via social network widgets like Facebook, Twitter and AddThis;
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions;
- post enquiries via our Anti-Spam enquiry form;
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission);
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- pass data to advertising networks;
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties;
- pay sales commissions.
Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
Cookies used by our website
Social Network Sharing
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our on profile on the popular Social Media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make 'Social Sharing' accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as AddThis. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google's Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
As mentioned above, upon your first visit our website displays a banner at the bottom of the page alerting you about cookies being deployed by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store an anonymous cookie to remove the alert banner for 7 days. To prevent this cookie being stored, simply do not accept and close the alert. If you have already accepted the alert and you wish to remove the cookie, please clear your cookies within your browser settings.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a 'CAPTCHA' challenge to ensure the submission is from a living person, rather than a computer bot. This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct. The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
Our website may have our Google Maps/Places profile embedded within an iframe. Google Maps creates cookies that enable the functionality of their powerful mapping software. No personal information is stored or shared on the cookies deployed by Google Maps/Places
Actual cookies deployed
Below is a table of information, which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_utma||A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.|
|A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.|
|Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.|
|A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.|
|PREF, NID||This cookie is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location.|
|loc, uid/uit, psc, di/dt, atuvc/bt/ssc/ssh/sshs/xtc
|Allow users to share content via Social Networking websites and email|
|WordPress||wp-settings, wp-settings-time-||This is a cookie is to verify if you are logged into the website or not.|
|wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in||WordPress cookie for a logged in user.|
|comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url
|When you enter a comment on this site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.|
How to disable cookies
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software - Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you can also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.