Nothing compares to a wonderful water feature. Enhancing your garden, creating a relaxing ambience and attracting wildlife, a garden pond can make all the difference to your outside space. Whether you are dreaming of a formal pond with the wow factor, a natural pond for wildlife or a swish home for your koi, our pond design services will give you a bespoke and beautiful water feature that will lend a touch of magic to your garden.
Why use our pond design services?
The perfect pond will fit seamlessly into your outside space and will feel as if it has always been there. But there is much to consider if any garden water feature is to complement your property and to stand the test of time.
Before you rush outside, dig a whole, line it and then fill it with water, consider the following questions:
- Where is the best location for your pond?
- Are you looking to keep fish, attract wildlife or both?
- What shape and size should your water feature be?
- What is the best depth for your pond?
- What is the correct liner to use?
- How do you prevent your liner from slipping?
- How do you ensure that edges and walls are structurally sound?
- What systems do you need to maintain water quality?
- How should your pond be planted?
- Which materials would best suit your property?
- Are there safety or security considerations?
We can provide the pond design expertise that will ensure your water feature is right for your garden, structurally sound, leak-free and ideal for its intended purpose. Creating a pond involves a great deal of planning, preparation and construction work. We will do everything for you so you can benefit from the finest water features hassle-free.
What are the benefits of a garden pond?
- Relaxing ambiance – there’s nothing quite like the relaxing sound of running water. Your pond could incorporate a waterfall or fountain that will give you that wonderful ambiance every day.
- Lift your space – a beautiful pond will lift the look of your garden in an instant. Adding interest, movement, structure, sound and even colour to your space, a pond is a fabulous finishing touch.
- Attract wildlife – ponds are vital for biodiversity and can attract an astonishing array of species to your garden.
- Bring your garden to life – fish and aquatic plants will breathe life into a previously bland space.
- Perfect for awkward and empty spaces – if there’s an area of your garden that you are struggling to find a use for, why not install a pond? A water feature is a great way to make the most of empty space.
There are many great reasons to incorporate a water feature into your garden design. Incorporating a water feature such as a pond can bring a variety of benefits to your garden design. It can provide a sense of tranquillity and relaxation, attract wildlife to your garden, and enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of your outdoor space.
Once your outside space is completed by a gorgeous pond, you will wonder why you didn’t build one before!
Fabulous formal ponds
Formal ponds are ideal for spaces close to your house or patio and pathway areas. Usually boasting defined boundaries, formal ponds can be all about the water, reflecting the surroundings, or planted to lend colour and interest to your space. Perhaps you would like to stock a formal pond with fish or to complete it with a pretty fountain.
Wonderful wildlife ponds
Truly wildlife magnets, ponds are vital for many native species. Over the last century, 70% of UK ponds have been lost and so those that remain are increasingly important. There’s no need to stock a wildlife pond as the exciting wildlife will find its own way to the water. Some species will arrive within days. You could attract frogs, toads, newts, snails, a wonderful array of insects and numerous species of birds. Larger ponds could support waterfowl including ducks and coots.
Healthy Koi ponds
Fascinating and majestic, koi are impressive creatures, but they require carefully constructed and regulated conditions if they are to thrive. Koi ponds are very different to other formal garden ponds. They do not feature gravel or planting and must have steep sides to ward off predators. Koi ponds must be relatively deep and boast adequate filtration and aeration.
Planning your perfect pond
We would relish the opportunity to discuss your ideas for your garden pond and to conduct a free site survey. We will consider what you wish to achieve, your garden’s existing features and your budget before planning your perfect pond. Once we have evolved a plan that excites you, we can schedule the work. We always aim to complete every project in a timely manner and to minimise any disruption. You can relax knowing that your stunning water feature will be planned and built by experienced pond design experts.
Outstanding workmanship, Scott and his team have done an excellent job of the entire project and we look foward to enjoying the garden for years to come. Many Thanks....Paddy — Paddy
Scott and his team were excellent. They came up with a solution to stop our garden eroding. It was a big project that involved construction and landscaping. — Kirsty O’Donnell
Scott Kennedy and team have transformed our space into a garden that suits my needs and I am very pleased with my new easy-care garden, completed professionally and with excellent service. — Priscilla Backhouse
What can I say about Scott and his team we had artificial grass down on the back garden they work really hard and I must say it looks very good very pleased I would definitely use them again — Peter Williamson
Scott and his team completely transformed our garden from an unusable space to an oasis. — Helena Riste
Scott and his guys transformed the entrance to my house. Installed a bespoke pathway and were helpful and friendly all the time. I would highly recommend their services. Real quality — Dan Small
So pleased with my garden which was designed and landscaped by Kennedy Landscapes & Gardens. Scott and team worked through the worst of the weather, always professional and leaving everything tidy at the end of the day and at the end of the job. — Liz Ansloos
Scott and his team completely transformed my garden, they were very professional and arrived on time each day. They were always so polite and cheerful, I would absolutely recommend them, they did an excellent job. — Jackie Brooman
Where do you start?
Call Kennedy Landscapes today! We would be delighted to discuss your plans for your garden patio and to provide a free quotation.
0800 270 7077
Together, your vision and our design skills will deliver the perfect patio!